GUYS. This is a recipe that is incredibly underrated. It may look boring but let me tell you, it is far from it. It is the simplest mousse recipe you will ever make. It’s not sickeningly sweet either, so it gives you the freedom to pair it with something that is also sweet, like fruit.
I love pairing it with fresh fruit, such as strawberries or raspberries. But you can also serve it on top of some shortbread, cake, or scoop a spoonful into your coffee to make it an exciting creamy mocha situation. The possibilities are endless.
This chocolate coconut mousse is creamy, light, and delectable. But as always, my favorite thing about it, is that it’s dairy free! That means that there isn’t a ton of heavy whipping cream, but instead it’s made with coconut cream! All it takes is, and you can easily whip this simple beauty up. Takes less than 10 minutes. You can find full fat coconut cream by the can, in most grocery stores.
It is healthy(ish), refreshing, and a great treat for those on the Paleo diet as well. So if you’re looking for a quick and awesome dessert recipe, look no further! Enjoy.
SO easy, quick, and only takes 4 ingredients! What more could you want out of a dessert?
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon 100% pure vanilla extract
- Your sweetener of choice (see notes)
- Open can of coconut milk, if its not already very thick, leave the can uncovered in the fridge overnight.
- Once its thick, transfer only the creamy thick part to a bowl and leave behind the watery part.
- Whip together all ingredients with a whisk or a Kitchen aid with the whisk attachment.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy with strawberries, cake, cookies, or eat it by the spoonful!
You can use coconut sugar, stevia, powdered sugar, white sugar, etc as your sweetener. Honey and maple syrup would work but be careful as it might make it thinner and more liquid-y. The only thing I would say would be brown sugar probably would not taste great in this. But a little sweetener goes a long way in this recipe since the coconut milk is already a little sweet.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy free mousse, dairy free desserts, dairy free dessert, easy dessert, quick dessert, mousse dessert, chocolate mousse, dairy free chocolate mousse, paleo mousse