SO easy, quick, and only takes 4 ingredients! What more could you want out of a dessert?
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon 100% pure vanilla extract
- Your sweetener of choice (see notes)
- Open can of coconut milk, if its not already very thick, leave the can uncovered in the fridge overnight.
- Once its thick, transfer only the creamy thick part to a bowl and leave behind the watery part.
- Whip together all ingredients with a whisk or a Kitchen aid with the whisk attachment.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy with strawberries, cake, cookies, or eat it by the spoonful!
You can use coconut sugar, stevia, powdered sugar, white sugar, etc as your sweetener. Honey and maple syrup would work but be careful as it might make it thinner and more liquid-y. The only thing I would say would be brown sugar probably would not taste great in this. But a little sweetener goes a long way in this recipe since the coconut milk is already a little sweet.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy free mousse, dairy free desserts, dairy free dessert, easy dessert, quick dessert, mousse dessert, chocolate mousse, dairy free chocolate mousse, paleo mousse