A classy appetizer for any party or occasion. Creamy feta, sweet shallots, juicy tomatoes on top of toasted baguette, drizzled with a balsamic reduction.
- 1 baguette or loaf of French bread
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- whipped feta
- 2 shallots
- balsamic reduction (see notes)
- 1 4 oz container of feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder ( or 1 clove garlic)
- a few tablespoons of water
- Place all ingredients in a blender, food processor, or magic bullet.
- Blend well together until desired spreading consistency.
- Make whipped feta first.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Dice the two shallots and then sauté with olive oil, until they are slightly translucent and have softened.
- Turn on your oven’s “Broil” setting to low.
- Slice up a baguette or a loaf of French bread, place on a baking sheet and toast them under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.
- Assemble: take a piece of toasted baguette, spread the whipped feta on top, as well as some sautéed shallots. Top with the sliced tomatoes, and drizzle the balsamic reduction on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can buy a balsamic reduction at your local grocery store.
I have not tested it, but I am sure goat cheese would also be good with this recipe.
You can use any kind of tomato, but cherry or grape tomatoes are my favorite.
If you need the whipped feta to be a little more creamy, feel free to add a knob of cream cheese.
If you do not have shallots, feel free to substitute red onion or yellow onion.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: super bowl recipes, super bowl appetizers, appetizer, crostini, crostini appetizer, feta cheese, appetizer recipes