Everyone’s favorite chocolate chip cookie, but with fruity strawberry jam on top, crumbly, buttery and oh-so-delicious.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup raw turbinado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the softened butter and raw sugar in a Kitchen Aid mixing bowl, and beat on medium until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg. Mix.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Blend well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a greased baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Take out the pan, using the back of a teaspoon make an indent in each cookie.
- Spoon a dollop of jam in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I made large cookies for fun, but you can make the cookies normal size as well.
You can use any kind of jam you like, if you don’t like strawberry jam.
These cookies have more a crumbly biscuit scone type of consistency, just a heads up.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, raspberry thumbprint cookies, thumbprint cookies. raspberry cooking, dessert, summer dessert, cookies