Summer 2021 has flown by, and we find ourselves at the beginning of September. The end of swimming in the lake, tanning by the pool, and picnics at the park is here. However, I am excited beyond reason, because that means that Fall is here! Which means the beginning of warm soups, pumpkin spice lattes, strolls through the park wearing scarves and beanies, and savory comforting food like spaghetti and meatballs!
Which brings me to our recipe today! I love this recipe because it is quick, has simple ingredients, and is a delicious savory meal, done in under 30 minutes. You can definitely whip this up whether you are a busy mom, single dad, teenager, young adult with roommates, you get the gist. Anyone can make it, and as always, it is gluten and dairy free.
It seems like a difficult job to find dairy free parmesan these days, or any dairy free cheese that isn’t weird or gross. I know that Trader Joes has some great grated dairy free parmesan, but if you can’t find it at your local store, it is very easy to make. It doesn’t taste exactly like the real stuff, but it is a perfect substitute for something like meatballs, because you still have all the flavor and saltiness of real parmesan, but without the dairy. It also tastes good sprinkled on top, when the meal is complete.
I recommend Target’s brand of gluten free breadcrumbs, because it is made out of rice flour and has no artificial colors or artificial flavors. If you don’t have gluten free breadcrumbs or can’t find it at the store, you can also use almond flour, as a decent substitute.
These meatballs can be made out of ground chicken, or ground turkey. Both work, it just depends on what you like!
They can also be used as an appetizer (stick a toothpick in it and dip it in sauce), a meatball sandwich, laid over a bed of lettuce with a vinaigrette, the list is endless! These yummy meatballs are versatile and a great household staple.
Let me know how you like them and Happy Fall!Print
Delicious moist chicken meatballs made with gluten free breadcrumbs and vegan parmesan on top of gluten free pasta and marinara sauce.
- 1 pound ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (or almond flour)
- 1/2 cup dairy free parmesan (see notes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Pasta and Marinara
- 1 box gluten free pasta, cooked to box instructions
- 1 jar marinara
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mixed just until combined.
- Take a 1 tablespoon scoop, and form it into a ball with your hands and put onto an oiled 9×13 pan or sheet. This recipe will make roughly 25 meatballs so you can do 2 sheets, 12 on one sheet, and 13 on the other.
- Put both sheets in the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 18-25 minutes or until golden brown on top, and when a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Cook the gluten free pasta according to the box instructions, pour marinara over the cooked pasta and put the meatballs on top!
- Serve with vegan parmesan on top and freshly chopped parsley.
For dairy free parmesan, you can buy it at the store, but it is really easy to make your own. Just combine 3/4 cup cashews, 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt into a food processor and grind until very fine. Use 1/2 cup of that mixture for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15-20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: gluten free meatballs, meatballs, chicken meatballs, turkey meatballs, dairy free, gluten free, dairy free meatballs, gluten free spaghetti, gluten free pasta
Recipes adapted from: https://pinchofyum.com/best-anytime-baked-chicken-meatballs and https://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-vegan-parmesan-cheese/