Delicious moist chicken meatballs made with gluten free breadcrumbs and vegan parmesan on top of gluten free pasta and marinara sauce.
- 1 pound ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (or almond flour)
- 1/2 cup dairy free parmesan (see notes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Pasta and Marinara
- 1 box gluten free pasta, cooked to box instructions
- 1 jar marinara
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mixed just until combined.
- Take a 1 tablespoon scoop, and form it into a ball with your hands and put onto an oiled 9×13 pan or sheet. This recipe will make roughly 25 meatballs so you can do 2 sheets, 12 on one sheet, and 13 on the other.
- Put both sheets in the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 18-25 minutes or until golden brown on top, and when a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Cook the gluten free pasta according to the box instructions, pour marinara over the cooked pasta and put the meatballs on top!
- Serve with vegan parmesan on top and freshly chopped parsley.
For dairy free parmesan, you can buy it at the store, but it is really easy to make your own. Just combine 3/4 cup cashews, 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt into a food processor and grind until very fine. Use 1/2 cup of that mixture for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15-20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: gluten free meatballs, meatballs, chicken meatballs, turkey meatballs, dairy free, gluten free, dairy free meatballs, gluten free spaghetti, gluten free pasta