Not only are these waffles, soft, delectable, and sweet, they are Paleo approved AND dairy/gluten free! Although these are dessert type waffles, you can have them for breakfast, brunch, or even an afternoon snack! I would also suggest serving them at parties like baby showers, bridal showers, or even a breakfast themed birthday party! These waffles can be topped with 100% pure maple syrup or fresh berries and ghee. The texture is fantastic, the batter is a normal consistency, and they taste great. These will not let you down. Also, these waffles were featured in a Buzzfeed article as well, which is super fun. If you wanna check it out, click here.
Why are you still reading this? Go try them out!!
Sweet, healthy, and versatile! Serve for breakfast, dessert, brunch, and more!
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup canned coconut milk (see notes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon 100% pure vanilla
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Put almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon in a bowl and mix together.
- Add coconut milk, eggs, honey, & vanilla extract and mix.
- Place mixture into waffle iron and cook until done. Grease waffle iron even if it is non stick.
- Put coconut oil in a wide bowl and place coconut sugar in another wide bowl.
- After waffles are cooked through, brush waffles with a generous amount of coconut oil, then place them into the coconut sugar to coat well.
- You can also skip step 5 and serve waffles with fresh berries or pure maple syrup.
For coconut milk, I used “light” but you can also use full fat if you want
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Gluten-free waffles, dairy-free waffles, waffles, breakfast food, paleo waffles, paleo churro waffles, churro waffles, churros
Recipe adapted from: http://paleomg.com/churro-waffles/