Sweet, healthy, and versatile! Serve for breakfast, dessert, brunch, and more!
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup canned coconut milk (see notes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon 100% pure vanilla
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Put almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon in a bowl and mix together.
- Add coconut milk, eggs, honey, & vanilla extract and mix.
- Place mixture into waffle iron and cook until done. Grease waffle iron even if it is non stick.
- Put coconut oil in a wide bowl and place coconut sugar in another wide bowl.
- After waffles are cooked through, brush waffles with a generous amount of coconut oil, then place them into the coconut sugar to coat well.
- You can also skip step 5 and serve waffles with fresh berries or pure maple syrup.
For coconut milk, I used “light” but you can also use full fat if you want
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Gluten-free waffles, dairy-free waffles, waffles, breakfast food, paleo waffles, paleo churro waffles, churro waffles, churros