Layered with turkey bacon, homemade hash-browns, and eggs, and smothered in avocado green sauce, this delicious breakfast sandwich is perfect for any meal (not just breakfast!)
- 2 gluten free English muffins
- 2 eggs
- hash-browns (made from scratch recipe, see below)
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- a tablespoon of green avocado sauce (recipe see below)
Green Avocado Sauce:
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- big handful of spinach
- small handful of flat leaf parsley (see notes)
- 1 large clove garlic
- juice of 1 lime (or lemon)
- 1/2 jalapeño, pitted with the seeds removed
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 cup water, or more if needed for smooth consistency
- 1 or two medium sized russet or golden potatoes, peeled and rinsed
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until a smooth consistency
- Take your peeled and rinsed potatoes and use a cheese grater to grate the potatoes into smaller pieces.
- Rinse the grated potatoes in cold water in a sieve or strainer. Put into a paper towel and squeeze, making sure most of the water is out before placing into an oiled skillet.
- Over medium heat, season the shredded potato with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and put a lid on.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes, stirring often so it doesn’t burn, until potato shreds are soft and somewhat crispy.
- Set aside with lid on, until sandwich assembly.
- Place turkey bacon in an oiled skillet and cook until crispy. Set aside.
- Place eggs into an oiled skillet and scramble eggs until done. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take a biscuit cutter and cut the eggs into a circular shape so that it fits the size/shape of the English muffin.
- Toast your English muffin. Take the green sauce and spread it onto the bottom English muffin.
- Place the scrambled egg onto the muffin
- Then the hash browns
- Then the turkey bacon
- Top with more sauce if needed.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast sandwich, gluten free breakfast, gluten free breakfast sandwich, dairy free, dairy free breakfast, dairy free breakfast sandwich