Mouthwatering, moist, and crumbly cinnamon coffee cake that makes for the perfect dessert or breakfast pastry. Best part of it, is its gluten-free!
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 13 by 9 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Whisk together gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (4 minutes)
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until well mixed.
- Mix in the pure vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, and sour cream, alternating between them until all is well combined.
- Spoon batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle crumb topping on top of batter.
- Bake rotating the pan halfway through until cake is golden brown, roughly 40-55 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy and eat without reservation!
If you want to make it not gluten free, you can use regular flour, and just omit the xanthan gum.
Xanthan gum is an effective thickening agent and stabilizer to prevent ingredients from separating.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free cake, gluten free coffee cake, coffee cake, dessert, breakfast, cinnamon coffee cake