Warm, gooey, and sweet donut holes that are gluten-free and perfect for curing that sweet tooth.
- Oil for frying
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free pancake mix
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dairy-free milk plus 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- In a deep fryer or heavy saucepan, heat 2 to 3 inches oil to 375°F.
- In a bowl, mix ingredients together to form the dough.
- Use a 1 tablespoon cookie dough scooper and scoop the dough. Carefully drop balls, 5 or 6 at a time, into the hot oil.
- Fry about 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels. Immediately roll in the glaze.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until glaze forms. Drizzle on the doughnut holes
I used unsweetened almond milk as a lactose-free alternative, but you can obviously use regular milk
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free donut holes, donut holes, gluten-free baking, gluten-free desserts, donuts