Soft, moist, molasses and ginger cookies, dipped in melted white chocolate.
- 2 1/3 cups gluten free flour blend (with xanthan gum)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- ¾ cup coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for rolling)
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
GF Gingerbread Cookies with White Chocolate
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, salt, and the pinch of nutmeg.
- In a Kitchen Aid with the paddle attachment, slowly cream together the butter, melted coconut oil, and sugar until well combined. Add the egg and the molasses and mix for about 30 seconds.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Line a 9x 13 baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it.
- Put 1/4 cup granulated sugar into a small bowl. Scoop dough 1 tablespoon at a time, shape into balls, then roll in the granulated sugar.
- Put dough balls onto the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- After letting the cookies cool completely, melt the white chocolate chips with the coconut oil in a microwavable bowl in 30 second intervals and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Take each cookie and dip halfway into the melted white chocolate. Let set on parchment paper.
- Put sprinkles on top and enjoy!
My favorite brand of GF flour is Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour. If your flour doesn’t have xanthan gum in it, add 1/2 teaspoon more baking soda. I wouldn’t recommend just using almond flour by itself.
If you do not have coconut oil, you could use avocado oil, or use 1/4 cup butter.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gingerbread cookies, gluten free gingerbread cookies, gluten free Christmas cookies, Christmas cookies, ginger cookies