Super fun, moist, gluten free mini chocolate chip cookies! These are great for parties, gatherings, or just keep them on hand as a poppable dessert bite.
- 1/ 1/3 cups Gluten Free Flour Blend (with xanthan gum)
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl, heat in the microwave for 40 seconds. Remove and whisk until fully melted. Pour butter into the bowl of a KitchenAid stand mixer or use a hand mixer. Cool for 5-7 minutes.
- While butter is cooling, in a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together gluten free flour (scoop and level to measure), cornstarch, baking soda and set aside.
- Add brown sugar and coconut sugar, to the KitchenAid mixing bowl, with the melted and cooled butter. With paddle attachment, mix on medium speed until well combined. Mix in egg and pure vanilla extract. On the low setting, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Gently fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Grease two baking sheets. Scoop cookie dough out 1 teaspoon at a time on a baking sheet. Shape each into a ball, press down a little to flatten, and place 1 inch apart (see notes). Bake in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit on the baking sheets for 5 minutes on a wire rack (they will continue to bake a little).
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough. Store in an airtight container.
You don’t have to flatten the dough, but if you do not, they will just come out more puffed and less spread out.
The cornstarch helps stabilize the cookie and keep it from spreading too much. You can substitute with arrowroot starch.
If your gluten free flour blend does not have xanthan gum, you can add ½ teaspoon of xanthan gum.
I like using coconut sugar as a healthier option, but feel free to substitute white sugar
My favorite GF flour blend is Bobs Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies, mini chocolate chip cookies, mini cookies, gluten free cookies, gluten free cookie bites