These cute golf themed vanilla cupcakes are perfect for a Masters viewing party, a themed birthday party, or just for fun!
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (or sub GF flour blend)
- 3/4 cup white or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾–2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- a pinch of salt
- White Sixlet candies (bought at Walmart)
- Food coloring
- Handmade red flag
- Wilton Green Grass Frosting Tip (233) and piping bags
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cupcake/muffin pans with 12 liners (6 in each pan, alternating one space in between). This helps the cupcakes get a better rise.
- Mix the lemon juice or vinegar with the almond milk (faux buttermilk) and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together in a medium sized bowl and mix.
- Mix the egg, almond milk with vinegar mixture, and melted/cooled salted butter in a KitchenAid mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on medium high for 30 seconds, making sure the batter is well incorporated with no lumps.
- Fill cupcake liners only 2/3 full, and bake one pan at a time for about 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out and let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 5- 10 minutes before removing them and placing them on a cooling rack. Let them cool completely before frosting.
Buttercream Vanilla Frosting:
- In a Kitchen Aid stand up mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the softened butter and the powdered sugar (slowly) and salt, mixing very well.
- Add the almond milk and the vanilla extract and beat well until creamy. (if its too thick, add a little more almond milk, if its too thin and not firm enough to pipe, add more powdered sugar, until you get a good consistency)
- Add 8 drops of green food coloring, 8 drops of blue, and 6 drops of yellow, to get your desired “green grass” color. You can fiddle with it until you get the shade you want. You can also add a drop or two of black food coloring if you want it to be a darker green.
- Add a sixlet white candy on top for the golf ball, and a homemade red flag (toothpick with a red triangle cut out of construction paper and glued on with a glue stick)
- Store in the refrigerator to make them last longer and stay fresh.
You can substitute a Gluten Free flour blend if you want to make this recipe gluten free.
You can make these cupcakes for any party or occasion and add different decoration on top.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: golf cupcakes, golf themed cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes, golf party cupcakes, party themed cupcakes, masters viewing party cupcakes, golf dessert