Simple and easy breakfast crepes topped with fresh strawberries, powdered sugar, and lemon juice.
- 5 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 7 tablespoons salted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Strawberries, sliced
- Lemons, juiced
- Powdered sugar
- Break the eggs into a blender and blend lightly.
- Slowly blend in the almond milk.
- Add the melted and cooled butter and blend.
- Add the sugar and flour and blend.
- Take a 1/4 cup of the crepe batter and pour into the center of a very lightly greased (butter or oil is fine) skillet on medium high heat (5 on my stovetop).
- Carefully twirl the pan into a circle, moving the batter around until it hits all the edges, making a thin layer (it will make a circle shape).
- When the top of the crepe starts to have little bubbles and the edges turn golden brown it is time to flip it.
- It will probably take around 1-2 minutes per side until it is done.
- It takes awhile to make each crepe since you are doing it one at a time, so I like to put the crepes on an oven safe plate in a warm oven while I make them all.
It takes a little practice to get the hang of it.
- Serve with strawberries, lemon juice, and powdered sugar, or your topping of choice! (see notes)
- Put the sliced strawberries, lemon juice, and powdered sugar into a bowl and gently mix. Let it marinate for about 5-10 minutes. The berries will soften and create a delicious syrup.
I used a 9 inch non stick pan for my crepes but you can make them bigger if you want.
As fas as toppings go, the sky is the limit. People like butter and syrup, bananas and Nutella, strawberries and cream cheese, etc.
If you do not have almond milk, any kind of milk will work.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: French