This pesto is dairy free, creamy, and a great sauce to add to any pasta, bread, pizza, sandwich, etc.
Homemade Vegan Pesto:
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley (not curly)
- 1 cup spinach (or basil)
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan (see notes for recipe)
- 1 1/4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1/2–3/4 cup olive oil (depends on how thick or thin you like it)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine everything, minus the oil, into a food processor or blender. Turn the blender to low, and slowly add in the olive oil.
- Spread onto pizza, sandwich, bread, stir into pasta, etc. Enjoy!
Vegan parmesan recipe: combine 3/4 cup cashews, 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt into a food processor and grind until very fine.
Please make sure you do not accidentally use curly parsley. Use Italian (flat leaf) parsley 🙂 Curly parsley will taste bitter and not good
If you buy sliced almonds that are not toasted, you can easily toast them on an ungreased skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Watch closely so that it doesn’t burn! It toasts quickly.
You can use basil or spinach, I am allergic to basil, so that’s why I did not use it
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American/Italian
Keywords: Homemade pesto, pesto recipe, dairy free pesto, vegan pesto, easy pesto, easy homemade pesto