These are the Best Instant Pot Chicken Tacos, full of juicy and moist shredded chicken. Perfect on tortillas, burritos, or even on top for lettuce for a great taco salad.
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos:
- 6 small chicken tenderloins, or 2-3 large chicken breasts (see notes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can black beans (15.25 oz), drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 heaping cup of salsa
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4–1 cup water (see notes)
- Corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: Cheese, Sour Cream, Diced red onion, Avocado, Diced jalapeños
- In the Instant Pot, add all the ingredients except for the cooked brown rice and tortillas. Mix together with a spatula. Make sure the chicken is fully covered in liquid/salsa so that it doesn’t dry out.
- Put the lid on and click “Manual” and set it for 20 minutes. Do anywhere from 15-20 minutes if your chicken is fresh, set it from 20-25 minutes if your chicken is frozen. After timer goes off, do quick release. Open and take the temperature of the chicken, make sure it is 165 degrees. If it is lower than that, close the lid and set it on manual for another 5 minutes. Do quick release again and re check the temperature of the chicken.
- After it is done, shred the chicken and add back into the instant pot bowl. Mix in the cooked brown rice.
- Warm up corn tortillas on a cast iron skillet for a few minutes. Spoon some chicken mixture into the corn tortillas and add any additional toppings!
If using frozen chicken, only add 3/4 cup of water. If using fresh, not frozen chicken, add 1 cup of water to the instant pot.
Always check the temperature of the chicken, to make sure it is fully cooked through. 165 degrees F is the temperature to look for. If it is lower than then, pop the instant pot lid back on, and set it for another 5 minutes. Then do a quick release and recheck the chicken’s temp again.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Instant Pot Recipes, Instant Pot Tacos, Chicken Tacos, Tacos, Instant Pot Chicken Tacos, Quick and Easy Recipes