We are almost in February guys, and you know what that means… Valentine’s Day!
I rarely do anything for this holiday, as I am single and see it as just another day. However, I know there are millions of people that love celebrating it, and have someone special to spend it with. It is fun to see the bouquets of roses, balloons, teddy bears, and surprise trips that my friends and family receive.
I love creating and writing recipes for desserts that others can use to make for February 14th. I haven’t made a bundt cake in years, and thought it would be something exciting and different. Bundt cake pans come in so many varieties and patterns, it is fun to see how it turns out when you turn it upside down.
Whether you are spending it at a romantic restaurant with your significant other, or you are nestled in the blankets with a glass of merlot, watching a chick flick, this Gluten Free Marble Bundt Cake recipe is for you!
This cake is fun, unique, moist, and full of chocolate and vanilla flavor.
It is gluten free, and I cut down on the amount of sugar, by adding unsweetened applesauce. Applesauce adds a subtle sweetness as well as moisture.
The chocolate glaze is optional, but I recommend it as it adds a splash of color, sweetness, and creates a beautiful shine.
This cake is also great if you are throwing a Galentine’s Day party, and need to feed a lot of people.
As always if you bake this cake, let me know how you like it. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask! If you want to leave a review for the recipe too, I would love that.
Have a great week!Print
A beautiful marbled chocolate and vanilla bundt cake, drizzled with a smooth chocolate glaze.
Marble Bundt Cake:
- 1 ¾ cup gluten free blend (see notes)
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened at room temp
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
Chocolate Glaze (optional):
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3–4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Marble Bundt Cake (Gluten Free):
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease a bundt cake pan, and then sprinkle with flour. This helps ensure the cake will come out of the pan easily.
- Whisk together the gluten free flour and the baking powder.
- Using a Kitchen Aid or hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar for 3 minutes or until light and creamy.
- With the mixer on low, add in one egg at a time, quickly followed by a tablespoon of the flour mixture (helps keep it from curdling, don’t skip this step.) Repeat until all eggs have been incorporated.
- Mix in the almond milk and applesauce.
- Add remaining flour mixture until it has been well combined. The batter will be pretty thick. Scoop out 2/3 of the cake batter into another bowl.
- With the remaining batter, add the cocoa powder and mix. Take your prepared bundt cake pan, and scoop half of the vanilla batter into the pan.
- Next, scoop the chocolate batter on top of the vanilla batter that is already in the pan.
- Finally, dollop the remaining vanilla batter on top of the chocolate batter carefully, and smooth out the top with a palette knife.
- Place the cake pan in the preheated oven, and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a large toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for about 20 minutes. Turn your cake out onto a wire rack and let cool completely before adding the glaze.
- If you are doing the glaze, combine all ingredients (powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and cocoa powder) into a small bowl and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
I use Bobs Red Mill 1:1 Baking Gluten Free Flour because it has xanthan gum.
If your GF flour blend doesn’t have xanthan gum, add an additional 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
I would not recommend using almond flour as a substitute for GF flour in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free bundt cake, bundt cake, marble bundt cake, gluten free marble bundt cake, chocolate cake, valentines day cake, valentines day recipes
Recipe inspired by: https://eatlittlebird.com/marble-bundt-cake/