Mediterranean Chicken Wrap with Homemade Hummus
This is a delicious lunch wrap that I created last year in 2020. It was November and I was living in Austin, Texas. For my 29th birthday, my best friend and I went downtown to have a fun picnic right by the river. It was a perfect, beautiful sunny day, and the river looked beautiful with its surrounding trees, and the Austin skyscraper buildings towering behind it. We packed a picnic lunch, and I wanted something light, healthy, and quick. Therefore the Mediterranean inspired chicken wrap was born. This wrap is great paired with apple slices and cheese on the side. You could also have some chips or crackers etc. Add a cold glass of iced tea or lemonade and I would call it a win.
I didn’t put measurements with the ingredients because I figured it is a personal choice how much of each ingredient everyone would want. I personally like a lot of feta, and light on the cucumber, and you might like a lot of carrot, but not a lot of hummus.
Speaking of hummus, I created this amazing, salty, savory, garlicky hummus to spread on the wrap to keep it moist and flavorful. You of course, do not need to be extra and fancy, and you can definitely just use store bought hummus. You could even try a sun dried tomato hummus or a red pepper hummus.
Anyways, this is a super fun, easy, simple, healthy amazing lunch idea and I am positive you and your family will enjoy it. It it very customizable, which is my favorite part about. Have a lovely week!Print
Mediterranean Chicken Wrap
with Homemade Hummus
- Total Time: 10 minutes
A simple, fast, and healthy lunch chicken wrap made with creamy homemade garlic hummus.
Homemade Garlic Hummus:
- 1 can of garbanzo (chickpeas) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Garlic hummus
- Flour tortillas
- Carrot (shaved of diced)
- Feta cheese
- Green onions, sliced (or red onion finely diced)
- Cucumber, diced or thinly sliced
- Rotisserie chicken, shredded
Homemade Garlic Hummus:
- After draining and rinsing the can of beans, pour into a food processor, blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and blend until a smooth consistency.
- Take a flour tortilla, and spread the hummus on the bottom.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your liking, fold the sides and roll up the tortilla like a burrito.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
The hummus is extremely customizable- feel free to add any spices you like. Also if you like a thinner consistency, you can add a little more olive oil, or water.
I didn’t add measurements for the wrap ingredients because it is however much of each ingredient you like! An entire rotisserie chicken will yield at least 4-5 wraps worth.
You can also use other tortillas besides plain flour, like tomato or spinach.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: lunch, Mediterranean wrap, lunch wraps, chicken wrap, lunch ideas, healthy lunch ideas, healthy lunches, Mediterranean