I have the most delicious chocolate paleo pie in store for you today. My favorite things about it: refined sugar free, dairy free, AND gluten free. So what is it even made of? How is this possible, you may ask?
At first, I was skeptical that I could make it taste good without white sugar, maple syrup, Stevia, etc. But once I made it and tasted it, I was shocked and pleasantly surprised. I would even go as far to say that it’s good for you. Because I mean flax seed is healthy right? So yep, that’s what I’m going to say. It’s good for you.
It is creamy, chocolatey, and definitely not your average pie. If you are not convinced yet, try it for yourself, and let me know in the comments how you like it!Print
Creamy, chocolatey, and paleo approved chocolate pie.
- 2 1/2 cups cashews, almonds, or mix of any nuts
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons soaked raisins (see notes)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2–3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F. Blend up the mixed nuts and salt in a food processor.
- Add the egg. Blend well.
- Oil the pie pan, then line with wax paper.
- Spread the crust mixture into the pie pan and evenly spread out. Set aside.
- In the food processor blend the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the pie mixture into the pie crust.
- Cover and put the pie into the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Take out of the fridge and bake for 20-22 minutes.
For soaked raisins, soak them in 1/2 cup hot water for 5-10 min.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo pie, paleo chocolate pie, paleo dessert, gluten-free pie, gluten-free chocolate pie, dairy-free chocolate pie