Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Christmas is my #1, then Thanksgiving, and then the Fourth of July. We get to celebrate our country’s freedom and independence with awesome food, great company, and magnificent fireworks. The food at parties or get-togethers usually consists of cakes with American flag frosting, pie or BBQ food like burgers, hot dogs, and corn on the cob. YUM. Drinks come in the form of cheap beer, lemonade, or colorful and delicious cocktails.
Everyone likes a good ol’ American BBQ! So instead of making a traditional 4th of July cake or pie (which I would normally do just because I love baking so much), I decided to branch out and make a cocktail! I’m not a huge drinker at all, however, I know there are many people out there that are. Plus, they can be so festive and super fun to make and drink. This is a refreshing and fruity cocktail.
Of course, you can leave the alcohol out and just have it be a lemonade mocktail and it tastes wonderful as well. Happy Summer and Happy Drinking!Print
A cold and refreshing peach lemonade cocktail for any occasion!
- 4 medium ripe peaches, pitted and sliced in half
- 1–2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups fresh lemonade
- 1 cup San Pellegrino sparkling mineral water
- 1 shot of your favorite non-flavored vodka
- lemon wheel for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the peaches skin side down in a glass baking dish ( not oiled or anything) and sprinkle the tops with sugar. Roast (aka bake) the peaches for about 25 minutes or until the tops of the peaches are juicy and the skins are able to be easily peeled off.
- Wait for the peaches to cool a bit. Remove the outside of the peach skins and throw away. Drop the roasted peaches into a blender.
- Pour in enough lemonade to cover the top of the peaches in the blender. Puree the peaches completely, until the liquid is a little frothy and foamy.
- Pour the mixture into a pitcher. Add the lemonade, San Pellegrino, and the shot of vodka (or not). Stir.
- Chill. Be sure to stir up the lemonade before serving.
- Drink up and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Drinks, Lemonade cocktail, cocktails, peach lemonade, peach lemonade cocktail, fourth of july drinks
Recipe inspired by: www.thenaptimechef.com