The perfect Fall Recipe- warm, cozy, and sweet. Apples with cinnamon covered in an oat/brown sugar topping, giving it a lovely crunch. Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel for optimal taste.
Filling for the Apple Crisp:
- 5 medium apples peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Topping for the Apple Crisp:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup oats (gluten free)
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Put your peeled and diced apples into a small bowl along with the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Mix and set aside.
- Combine all topping ingredients (sugar, oats, gluten free flour, cinnamon, and cubed butter) into a medium sized bowl. Use a pastry cutter or fork and cut (mix) the butter into the flour and oat mixture until you have a wet sand like texture.
- Pour the apples into the greased 8×8 pan, and level out.
- Pour the topping onto the apples and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until apples have softened slightly and the topping is golden brown.
Use any variety of apple you like, but the more tart the better.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel for optimal taste 😉
Feel free to add different or more spices like even allspice or pumpkin pie spice
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-45
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free apple crisp, apple crisp, gluten free, gluten free desserts, dessert, apple crisp recipe