Everyone loves a good warm bowl of chili, and this is a great version of it. Healthy, hearty, and customizable to your food needs!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a deep soup pot and then add ground beef to it. Cook ground beef thoroughly in a large pot, until no longer pink.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook 2-3 minutes or until they are soft.
- Add sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, garlic, spices, broth, and salt and pepper. Stir well. Cover and reduce heat to low or a slight simmer. Cook for 45 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender enough to stick a fork through.
- Add the can of black beans and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can substitute ground beef for ground turkey, chicken, or whatever protein you would like!
You can always omit the red pepper flakes if you don’t like spicy
You can swap out vegetable broth for chicken or beef broth
The smaller you cut the sweet potatoes, the faster the chili will be ready. If the chunks are large, they will take longer to cook.
Omit meat completely if you want to make it vegetarian
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chili, sweet potato chili, whole 30 chili, dairy-free chili,