Moist, flavorful and gluten free, this pumpkin bread with streusel is the perfect Fall treat
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend (I use Bobs Red Mill 1:1 Baking GF Flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and line the bottom and sides with some parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- In a different large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, coconut oil, and eggs.
- Mix the dry mixture with the wet mixture and gently fold together, just until the ingredients are combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the greased bread pan and smooth it out so that’s the top is even. Sprinkle with the prepared streusel.
- Bake the pumpkin bread for 45 minutes uncovered. After 45 minutes, take the bread out and cover with foil so that the streusel doesn’t get burned. Put the bread back into the oven for another 20-25 minutes or until a large toothpick or knife inserted, comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- Place the bread pan on a cooling rack and let it cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then take it out onto a cooling rack. Dont let it sit in the pan for too long, or it will become steamed and might get too moist and gummy.
- Enjoy with tea, milk, or coffee!
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl and mix with a fork until small crumbles form, like wet sand.
The key to this recipe is not over mixing. Only combine the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
If you don’t own coconut oil, a neutral flavored oil like vegetable, avocado, or olive oil may be used
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free pumpkin bread, gluten free pumpkin loaf, pumpkin bread, pumpkin loaf, pumpkin bread recipe, gluten free, fall recipes