Listen to me when I say this: these scones are everything you need in your life. They are sweet, moist, and surprisingly healthy. There are 5 main ingredients, and they take 10 minutes to make, and 10 minutes to bake.
When you think of scones, you think of carbs and butter. You will be shocked to find out that these scones have no regular flour, no butter, and are made with raw honey.
The almond flour in this recipe is blood sugar balancing, and bonus, makes it gluten free. The eggs give it that fluff and moisture that is needed. White chocolate chips provide a crunchy sweetness. The honey is a great substitute for refined white sugar. Finally, the cranberries add a lovely chew and a mild tartness.
Some of my favorite things about these White Chocolate Cranberry Scones. They are:
- gluten free
- dairy free
- refined sugar free
- simple and quick
This recipe is hard to mess up. You essentially throw all the ingredients into a bowl, form the scones, bake, and you are good to go! No refrigerating, layering, or rising necessary. It is my favorite thing to whip up last minute for any family members or friends dropping by. Pair these with some coffee, tea, or even milk, and you have got yourself a splendid snack.
If you make these, be sure to leave a comment/review and let me know how you like them!Print
These almond flour scones are sweet, tangy, and moist. They are gluten free, and an incredible addition to any breakfast. Enjoy with some coffee or tea.
White Chocolate Cranberry Scones (Gluten Free) :
- 4 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 small eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
White Chocolate Cranberry Scones (Gluten Free):
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, with a spatula or spoon, and do not over mix.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Form dough into a one-inch thick disk (round circle like a pie), and cut into equal pieces.
- Place scones onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for about 9-11 minutes until golden brown.
- These scones keep best if they are in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you want to eat them, take them out and microwave them for 8-10 seconds, for a nice and warm scone.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free scones, white chocolate cranberry scones, white chocolate scones, gluten free, white chocolate cranberry gluten free scones, easter recipes, breakfast scones, breakfast recipes
Recipe adapted from: https://www.elizabethrider.com/gluten-free-scone-recipe/